This section is from the book "A Practical Treatise On The Joints Made And Used By Builders", by Wyvill J. Christy. Also available from Amazon: Practical treatise on the joints made and used by builders.
66. CLAY LANDS & LOAMY SOILS. By Prof. Donaldson, is. 131. MILLER'S, MERCHANTS, AND FARMER'S READY
RECKONER, for ascertaining at sight the value of any quantity of Corn, from One Bushel to One Hundred Quarters, at any given price, from £ 1 to £5 per Qr. With approximate values of Millstones, Millwork, etc. Is.
140. SOILS, MANURES, AND CROPS. (Vol. 1. Outlines of
Modern Farming.) By R. Scott Burn. Woodcuts. 2s.
141. FARMING 6* FARMING ECONOMY, Notes, Historical and
Practical, on. (Vol. 2. Outlines of Modern Farming.) ByR. Scott Burn. 3s.
142. STOCK; CATTLE, SHEEP, AND HORSES. (Vol. 3.
Outlines of Modern Farming.) ByR. Scott Burn. Woodcuts. 2s. 6d.
145. DAIRY, PIGS, AND POULTRY, Management of the. By
R. Scott Burn. With Notes on the Diseases of Stock. (Vol. 4. Outlines of Modern Farming.) Woodcuts. 2s.
146. UTILIZATION OF SEWAGE, IRRIGATION, AND
RECLAMATION OF WASTE LAND. (Vol. 5. Outlines of Modern Farming.) By R. Scott Burn. Woodcuts. 2s. 6d. *** Nos. 140-1-2-5-6, in One Vol., handsomely half-bound, entitled "Outlines of Modern Farming." By Robert Scott Burn. Price 12s.
177. FRUIT TREES, The Scientific and Profitable Culture of. From the French of Du Breuil. Revised by Geo. Glenny. 187 Woodcuts. 3s. 6d.t
198. SHEEP; THE HIS TOR Y, STRUCTURE, ECONOMY, AND DISEASES OF. By W. C. Spooner, M.R.V.C, etc. Fourth Edition, enlarged, including Specimens of New and Improved Breeds. 3s. 6d #
201. KITCHEN GARDENING MADE EASY. Showing how to prepare and lay out the ground, the best means of cultivating every known Vegetable and Herb, with full cultural directions, etc. By George M. F. Glenny, is. 6d.#
207. OUTLINES OF FARM MANAGEMENT, and the Organization of Farm Labour: Treating of the General Work of the Farm ; Field and Live Stock; Details of Contract Work; Specialities of Labour, etc, etc. By Robert Scott Burn. 2s. 6d. #
208. OUTLINES OF LANDED ESTATES MANAGEMENT:
Treating of the Varieties of Lands, Methods of Farming, Farm Buildings, Irrigation, Drainage, etc. By R. Scott Burn. 2s. 6d # *** Nos. 207 & 208 in One Vol., handsomely half-bound,entitled" Outlines of Landed Estates and Farm Management." By R. Scott Burn. Price 6s.
209. THE TREE PLANTER AND PLANT PROPAGATOR.
A Practical Manual on the Propagation of Forest Trees, Fruit Trees, Flowering Shrubs, Flowering Plants, Pot-Herbs, etc. By Samuel Wood. Illustrated. 2S. #
210. THE TREE PRUNER. A Practical Manual on the Pruning of
Fruit Trees, including also their Training and Renovation ; also the Pruning of Shrubs, Climbers, and Flowering Plants. By Samuel Wood. 2S. # *** Nos. 209 & 210 in One Vol., handsomely half-bound, entitled "The Tree Planter, Propagator and Pruner." By Samuel Wood. Price 5s.
219. THE HA Y AND STRA TV MEASURER : Being New Tables for the Use of Auctioneers, Valuers, Farmers, Hay and Straw Dealers, etc, forming a complete Calculator and Ready-Reckoner, especially adapted to persons connected with Agriculture. Fourth Edition. By John Steele. 2s.
222. SUBURBAN FARMING. The Laying-out and Cultivation of Farms, adapted to the Produce of Milk, Butter, and Cheese, Eggs, Poultry, and Pigs. By Prof. John Donaldson and R. Scott Burn. 3s. 6d. #
231. THE ART OF GRAFTING AND BUDDING. By Charles
Bali et. With Illustrations. 2s. 6d.i [Just published.
232. COTTAGE GARDENING; or, Flowers, Fruits, and Vegetables for Small Gardens. By E. Hobday, is. 6d. [Just published.
233. GARDEN RECEIPTS. Edited by Charles W. Quin. Is.6d.
The # indicates that these vols, may be had strongly bound at 6d. extra.
7, stationers' hall court, ludgate hill, e.c.