This section is from the book "A Practical Treatise On The Joints Made And Used By Builders", by Wyvill J. Christy. Also available from Amazon: Practical treatise on the joints made and used by builders.
1. CHEMISTRY, for the Use of Beginners. By Professor GeorgE
Fownes, F.R.S. With an Appendix on the Application of Chemistry to Agriculture, Is.
2. NATURAL PHILOSOPHY, Introduction to the Study of; for the Use of Beginners. By C. Tomlinson, Lecturer on Natural Science in King's College School, London. Woodcuts, Is. 6d. 4. MINERALOGY, Rudiments of; a concise View of the Properties of Minerals. By A. Ramsay, Jun. Woodcuts and Steel Plates. 3s.#
6. MECHANICS, Rudimentary Treatise on; being a concise Exposition of the General Principles of Mechanical Science, and their Applications. By Charles Tomlinson. Illustrated, Is. 6d.
7. ELECTRICITY; showing the General Principles of Electrical
Science, and the purposes to which it has been applied. By Sir W. Snow Harris, F.R.S., etc. With Additions by R. Sabine, C.E., F.S.A. Is. 6d. 7*. GALVANISM, Rudimentary Treatise on, and the General Principles of Animal and Voltaic Electricity. By Sir W. Snow Harris. New Edition, with considerable Additions by Robert Sabine, C.E., F.S A. Is. 6d;
8. MAGNETISM; being a concise Exposition of the General Principles of Magnetical Science, and the Purposes to which it has been applied. By Sir W. Snow Harris. New Edition, revised and enlarged by H. M. Noad, Ph.D., Vice-President of the Chemical Society, Author of "A Manual of Electricity," etc, etc. With 165 Woodcuts. 3s. 6d.#
11. THE ELECTRIC TELEGRAPH; its History and Progress; with Descriptions of some of the Apparatus. ByR. Sabine, C.E., F.S.A. 3s.
12. PNEUMATICS, for the Use of Beginners. By Charles
Tomlinson. Illustrated, Is. 6d. 72. MANUAL OF THE MOLLUSC A ; a Treatise on Recent and Fossil Shells. By Dr. S. P. Woodward, A.L.S. Fourth Edition. With Appendix by Ralph Tate, A.L.S., F.G.S. With numerous Plates and 300 Woodcuts. 6s. 6d. Cloth boards, 7s. 6d. 79**. PHOTOGRAPHY, Popular Treatise on; with a Description of the Stereoscope, etc. Translated from the French of D. Van Monckhovbn, by W. H. Thornthwaite, Ph.D. Woodcuts, Is. 6d.
96. ASTRONOMY. By the Rev. R. Main, M.A., F.R.S., etc.
New Edition, with an Appendix on "Spectrum Analysis." Woodcuts, Is. 6d.
97. STATICS AND DYNAMICS, the Principles and Practice of; embracing also a clear development of Hydrostatics, Hydrodynamics, and Central Forces. By T. Baker, C.E. is. 6d. 138. TELEGRAPH, Handbook of the; a Manual of Telegraphy, Telegraph Clerks' Remembrancer, and Guide to Candidates for Employment in the Telegraph Service. By R. Bond. Fourth Edition, revised and enlarged : to which is appended, QUESTIONS on MAGNETISM, ELECTRICITY, and PRACTICAL TELEGRAPHY, for the Use of Students, by W. McGregor, First Assistant Supnt, Indian Gov. Telegraphs. 3s.#
143. EXPERIMENTAL ESSAYS. By Charles Tomlinson.
I. On the Motions of Camphor on Water. II. On the Motion of Camphor towards tbeLight. III. History of the Modern Theory of Dew. Woodcuts, is.
173. PHYSICAL GEOLOGY, partly based on Major-General Portlock's "Rudiments of Geology." By Ralph Tate, A.L.S.,etc. Woodcuts. 2s.
174. HISTORICAL GEOLOGY, partly based on Major-General
Portlock's "Rudiments." By Ralph Tate, A.L.S., etc. Woodcuts. 2s. 6d.
173 RUDIMENTARY TREATISE ON GEOLOGY, Physical and
& Historical. Partly based on Major-General Portlock's " Rudiments o*~
174. Geology." By Ralph Tate, A.L.S., F.G.S., etc. In One Volume. 4s. 6d.$
183 ANIMAL PHYSICS, Handbook of. By Dr. Lardner, D.C.L.,
Sc formerly Professor of Natural Philosophy and Astronomy in University -o. College, Lond. With 520 Illustrations. In One Vol. 7s. 6d., cloth boards.
*#* Sold also in Two Parts, as follows :- 183. Animal Physics. By Dr. Lardner. Part I., Chapters I. - VII. 4s. 184. Animal Physics. By Dr. Lardner. Part II., Chapters VIII. - XVIII. 3s.
The % indicates that these vols, may be had strongly bound at 6d. extra.
7, STATIONERS' HALL COURT, LUDGATE HILL, E.C.