This tomb is still to be seen: it is composed of freestone, and is the usual table monument of the time. The upper part is enriched, or corniced, by a cluster of mouldings, and the sides are divided by eight buttresses, of two stages each, into seven bays or compartments, alternately of a greater and less dimension. The larger compartments are filled in with square sunk panels, ornamented with a quatrefoll enrichment, in the centre of which are shields of arms; the middle ones appear to be charged with the Crosby arms; vis. Sable, a chevron Ermine, between three rams, trippant, Argent, armed and hoofed, Or - the others are defaced so much as to prevent recognition. Over these panels is a kind of frieze, the depth of the upper shelving or tabling of the buttresses, in which are other sunk panels without ornament. These latter panels are repeated in the frieze over the smaller compartments, the lower parts of which are filled in with two tiers of foliated vived him, but by her he would appear to hare left no issue. By his first wife* he had several children, who all, apparently, died during his lifetime. A daughter, whom he styles "Johanne Crosby, otherwise Johanne Talbot," seems to have been living at the date of his will, 6th March, 1471, four years before his death, which must have oc-curred previous to February 6th, 1475; on which day his will was proved in the Prerogative Court, * To this daughter he bequeathed his estates, in dearches, separated at the level of the lower tabling of the buttresses. A panelled plinth, twelve inches deep, with a step, six inches high, forms the base, which is now partly buried beneath the pavement of the church. On the ledger of the monument lie alabaster figures of Sir John, and his wife Agnes. He is represented in plate above, his head resting on his helmet, his feet on a griffin; he has a mantle and a collar of roses and suns, supposed to have some allusion to the badge of Edward IV., and a dagger at his right side, but no sword. The female figure is attired in a long gown, enveloping her feet; with tight sleeves, a long mantle, and a girdle with dependent tassels. On her head is a close cap, and a veil, which falls on the cushion, or pillow, on which the head rests. The hair seems to have been tucked up under the cap, and an ornament, or collar of roses, adorns her neck. Her feet rest upon two dogs. The inscription, which formerly existed on this tomb, is given by Weever, as fellows: - Orate pro animabus Johannis Crosbie, Militis, Ald. atque tempore vite Majoris Staple ville Ca-lies, et Agnetis uxoris sue. ac Thome, Richardi, Johanni, Mar-garette et Johanne, liberorum ejnsdem Johannis Crosbie, Militis Ille obiit 1475, et illa 1466. Quorum animabus propicietur Deus.

* By the inscription formerly extant on the tomb, this lady appears to have deceased in 1466. * Gough*s Sepulchral Monuments. - Appendix, No. IV.

* Carlos' Historical and Antiquarian Notices of Crosby Hall, London.

* Newcourt's Repertorium, vol. 1, 629.

* Sepul. Monuments. To this inscription the date 1520 is affixed; but it is considered to be a modern introduction.