This section is from the book "Cyclopedia Of Architecture, Carpentry, And Building", by James C. et al. Also available from Amazon: Cyclopedia Of Architecture, Carpentry And Building.
2. Describe briefly the general functions of the specification.
5. Describe different ways in which payment may be arranged under contract.
7. What are the disadvantages of requiring the Contractor to warrant portions of the work?
10. Describe in a general way a Specification Reminder.
11. Prepare a Specification Reminder applicable to the case of some structure which you have personally observed.
12. Write a portion of a specification, setting forth the general duties and responsibilities of the Contractor.
13. Write a portion of a specification, setting forth the general duties and responsibilities of the Architect.
15. Write an essay of about 100 words on each of the following topics, confining yourself to a discussion of general characteristics, somewhat after the model shown in the discussion of "Heating" on page 84:
16. What are the essentials of a well-written specification?