Built about 1660. Shows Front Overhanging and Long Sloping Roo.
From "Early Connecticut Houses".
The logs were dressed on two sides and placed one on top of the other until the structure was high enough for a tall person to walk about in it. The crevices between the logs were rilled with mud. The roof was made of poles covered with straw or reeds. Fireplaces at first were made of sticks, and plastered on the inside with clay, but later of stones or brick laid in mortar.
Domestic architecture developed rapidly. At first the construction was changed only by the addition of clap-boards to the log walls and handmade shingles for the roof. The following description is given by Mr. Plym, of a house of the period.
Has an Entrance Porch, the Sloping Roof Covering the "Lean-to".
Retained From " Early Connecticut Houses known as "Old Colonial".