1. What is essentially the first step in making any tool from a tool-maker's standpoint?
2. What rule is given for clearance?
4. What is a stripper?
5. In making irregular shaped dies what precaution must a die-maker take?
6. Describe the process in preparing a die block?
7. Give a method of laying out a die. What tool is used in connection with such work?
8. How are dies shaped?
9. If the degree of clearance is small, why must attention be given to the walls of the die?
10. What can you say in regard to filing corners of a die?
12. What material is used in connection with hardening to protect corners of a die?
13. Describe the tempering process.
14. How does laying out of a punch differ from that of a die?
15. What is a sub-press die?
16. Describe the method of making a press body.
17. What is a master plate and when is it used?
18. When are dies made in sections?
19. What precaution must be taken in making a built-up die?
20. What is the object in tapping dowel holes?
21. How are die pieces placed in a shoe?
22. What can you say in regard to grinding of punch sections of a blanking die?
23. What difference is to be observed between gang dies and the simpler dies?
24. Describe the method of holding punches and blanking dies.
25. Why are piercing punches inserted first in the piercing holes?
2G. What is the two-punch principle?
27. What is the advantage of the two-punch method?
28. What precautions must be taken in making a lower punch?
29. How is the upper punch made?
30. What is a drawing die?
31. What care must be exercised in making a drawing punch?
32. What is stock wrinkling?
33. Describe the irregular drawing die.
34. What is meant by the term "crawl"?
35. Name the methods of making embossing dies.
36. Name some articles which may be made with fluid dies.
37. What is the use of a rubber core?
38. Describe drop-forging dies.
39. How is a dovetailed shank formed?
40. What is meant by squaring?
41. How are dies recessed?
42. What allowance is made for shrinkage?