A. - Berberis vulgaris, Linnaeus: p. 80.
1. A flower, separate.
2. A petal, with its two glands.
4. The pistil.
5. One of the fruits.
B. - Nymphaea alba, Linnaeus: p. 81.
1, 2. Different forms of stamens.
3. The pistil, with its sessile radiating stigma. C. - Papaver Rhoeas, Linnaeus: p. 82.
1. A stamen.
2. The pistil, with its sessile radiating stigma.
3. The ripe capsule, showing the apertures for the escape of the seeds. D. - Reseda lutea, Linnaeus: p. 82.
1. One of the flowers, separate.
2. One of the upper petals.
3. Other forms of petals.
4. The ovary, accompanied by a stamen.
Vincent Brooks, imp