1. Breakfast - Buttered toast, served with fricassee of cold boiled or canned fish, boiled eggs. Dinner - Bacon boiled with spring greens, potatoes, beets, parsnips; plain boiled rice with cream sauce, jelly cake. Supper - Steamed crackers, sliced beef, rice fritters with sugar.
2. Sunday. Breakfast - Batter cakes , veal cutlets, fried potatoes. Dinner - Cold bacon garnished with, boiled eggs and beet slices, roast chicken, mashed potatoes, asparagus on toast, dressed lettuce and young onions; strawberries, mixed cake. Supper - Cold rolls, cold chicken, jam.
3. Breakfast - Light bread, potato cakes, broiled beefsteak. Dinner - Roast of mutton with potatoes, canned tomatoes, rhubarb sauce, baked custards, fruit cake. Supper - Cold biscuit, sliced mutton, currant jelly, sweet buns.
4. Breakfast - Corn cakes, fried pickled tripe, breakfast potatoes. Dinner - Boiled beef with soup, whole potatoes, asparagus with eggs: cocoanut pudding, jelly. Supper - Plain bread, cold beef, toasted buns with strawberry jam or canned fruit.
5. Breakfast - Cream toast, broiled ham, omelet. Dinner - Boiled tongue with Chili sauce, fricasseed potatoes, cresses, boiled asparagus; ice cream, sponge cake. Supper - Tea biscuit, shaved tongue, sago jelly, lady cake.
6. Breakfast - Graham bread, fried mutton chops, fried raw potatoes. Dinner - Roast of veal with potatoes, stewed onions, pickled beets; cake, orange float. Supper - Toasted Graham bread, sliced veal, tea rusk, lemon jelly.
7. Breakfast - Muffins, broiled beefsteak, poached eggs, potatoes in Kentucky style. Dinner - Baked or boiled fish (if large, or fried small fish), boiled potatoes in jackets, lettuce salad, custard pie. Supper - Toasted muffins, cold rusk with strawberries, or marmalade.
8. Breakfast - Bread puffs with maple syrup, fricasseed potatoes, croquettes of fish. Dinner - Boiled leg of mutton, ambushed asparagus, boiled macaroni, a la pancake potatoes, bread pudding. Supper - Cold rolls, cold mutton sliced, plain boiled rice with cream and sugar.
9. Sunday. Breakfast - Rice waffles, mutton croquettes, fried raw potatoes Dinner - Roast beef, clam pie, new potatoes, tomatoes, dressed lettuce, young beets, strawberry cream and snow custard, coffee and macaroons. Supper - Light rolls, cold beef, cake and jelly, or strawberries.
10. Breakfast - Corn batter cakes, broiled bacon, 'warmed potatoes. Dinner - Roast of beef with potatoes, asparagus, cake, oranges. Supper - Plain bread, chipped beef, short cake, marmalade.
11. Breakfast - Breakfast wheat with cream, broiled beefsteak, plain bread, cottage cheese. Dinner - Asparagus soup, meat pie, new potatoes, pickled beets; rhubarb pie. jelly cake. Supper - Tea biscuit, Yankee dried beef, sponge cake and fruit.
12. Breakfast - Sally Lunn, Katy's codfish, fried raw potatoes, scrambled eggs. Dinner - Pigeon pie, grape jelly, new potatoes, tomato salad; delicious lemon pudding, cake. Supper - Toasted Sally Lunn, cold pressed meat, vanities with jelly.
13. Breakfast - Warm biscuit with maple syrup, veal cutlets, Saratoga potatoes. Dinner - Beef a la mode, whole potatoes, turnips, beets, lettuce; rice pudding with cream sauce, oranges. .Supper - Cold rolls, sliced beef, tea cakes, blanc mange.
11. Breakfast - Corn muffins, broiled fish, tomato sauce, fried new potatoes. Dinner - Fresh fish or canned halibut, cod or salmon, mashed potatoes, turnips, spinach with eggs; cream pie, silver cake. Supper - Toasted muffins, omelet with asparagus, bread and milk.
15. Breakfast - Light biscuit, broiled steak, potatoes. Dinner - Brown stew, whole potatoes, beets; Indian meal pudding, with sauce, lady fingers. Supper - Cold biscuit, chipped beef, cream cakes and jelly.
16. Sunday. Breakfast - Breakfast toast, fried veal cutlets, sliced tomatoes. Dinner - Roast of lamb with mint sauce, currant jelly, new potatoes, green peas; strawberry short cake. Supper - Light rolls, cold lamb, jelly and cake.
17. Breakfast - Plain bread, minced lamb with poached eggs on toast. Dinner - Meat pie, new potatoes, asparagus, lettuce; cherry pie, lady fingers'. Supper - Pop-overs, sardines, baked rhubarb.
18. Breakfast - Plain bread, broiled bacon, fried potatoes. Dinner - Cbicken soup, smothered chickens, potatoes in Kentucky style, tomatoes, half-hour pudding, oranges. Supper - Waffles, cold pressed meat, jelly cake.
19. Breakfast - Muffins, cod-fish, boiled eggs. Dinner - Veal stew, potatoes mashed or baked, spinach, rhubarb sauce; plain batter pudding with sauce, cake and fruit. Supper - Toasted muffins, cold veal, cream cakes.
20. Breakfast - blench rolls, warmed over veal stew, tomato sauce. Dinner - Boiled ham with potatoes, asparagus, peas, tomato salad; rhubarb pie. Supper - Cold rolls, sliced ham, pan cakes with jelly.
21. Breakfast - Corn meal gems, ham balls, breakfast potatoes. Dinner - Baked or boiled fish, whole boiled potatoes, asparagus on toast, lettuce and cress salad; green currant pie, jelly cake. Supper - Toasted gems, canned salmon, oatmeal pudding with cream and sugar.
23. Sunday. Breakfast - Corn dodgers, stewed kidneys, omelet. Dinner - Baked chicken, new potatoes, diced turnips, baked rhubarb, green peas, let tuce; Charlotte russe, pine apple ambrosia, cake. Supper - Cold biscuit, sliced chicken, preserved fruit and cake.
24. Breakfast - Graham gems, chicken croquettes, fried potatoes. Dinner -Roast beef, boiled onions, lettuce, mashed potatoes; jelly with whipped cream. Supper - Toasted gems, cold beef, rusk and jelly.
25. Breakfast - Warm biscuit, broiled bacon, boiled eggs. Dinner - Boiled mutton with soup, whole potatoes, onions, green peas, lettuce, sweet pickles; cherry pie, cream puffs. Supper - Cold rolls, cold sliced mutton, toasted rusk with fruit.
26. Breakfast - Corn muffins, broiled steak, fried potatoes. Dinner - Boiled bacon with greens and potatoes, radishes, lettuce salad; bread pudding, oranged strawberries. Supper - Toasted muffins, cold tongue, jelly tarts.
27. Breakfast - Buttered toast, broiled ham, omelet with parsley. Dinner - Chicken pie, fricasseed potatoes, asparagus, peas, lettuce; poor man's pudding. Supper - Hot biscuits, cottage cheese, stewed fruit and cake.
28. Breakfast - Waffles, broiled mutton chops, potatoes. Dinner - Fresh fish boiled, baked or fried new potatoes, tomatoes, beets, lettuce; cottage pudding with sauce, cake. Supper - Oat-meal and cream, stewed cherries.
29. Breakfast - Bread puffs with maple syrup, canned salmon on toast, tomato sauce. Dinner - Ham boiled with greens, young turnips; rhubarb pie, tapioca jelly. Supper - Plain bread, shaved ham, hot buns and fruit.
30. Sunday. Breakfast - Hot rolls, broiled beefsteak, tomato omelet. Dinner - Roast lamb with mint sauce, clam stew, new potatoes, young turnips, green peas, lettuce salad; ice cream and strawberries, centennial drops, cake. Supper - Cold rolls, shaved ham, toasted buns and jelly.
31. Breakfast - Cream toast, croquettes of cold meat, fried potatoes, Dinner - Meat pie, whole potatoes, asparagus, lettuce; steamed Indian meal pudding with sauce, soft ginger-bread. Supper - Hot biscuit, coal veal, cake and fruit.