The fame of the Essendy experiment in fruit culture soon spread to other parts of the county. Alyth, a village about 5 ml. to the east of Blairgowrie, became the centre of the Raspberry industry in that part of the county. The holdings are mostly held under lease. They extend from 1/2. to 40 or 50 ac, if the land under cultivation at Jordan-stone, some miles from Alyth, be included in the Alyth district. There are now between 100 and 200 ac. under fruit. The Alyth Fruitgrowers' Association sees to the sale and the dispatch of most of the fruit grown. The development of the trade may be seen from the following figures, showing the gross tonnage dispatched from the stations in the vicinity of Alyth since 1906: 1906, 81 tons; 1908, 182 tons; 1909, 451 tons; 1910, 591 tons.