This strikingly handsome greenhouse perennial was introduced by Mr. W. Bull, and gained the first prize as the best new flowering greenhouse plant at the Royal Horticultural Society's Exhibition in the summer of 1875. The stiff sub-erect distichous leaves are narrowly-linear, five to eight ribbed, and with a serrulate border. The scape is a foot high, bearing a corymb of many flowers, which are two and a half inches long, pendent, regularly funnel-shaped, with a bright crimson tube and deep golden yellow erect limb. It must be regarded as the most beautiful of the Blandfordias yet known. It has been figured in the Botanical Magazine for January, 1876, tab. 62091

BLANDFORDIA PRINCEPS.

BLANDFORDIA PRINCEPS.