This section is from the book "The Gardener's Monthly And Horticulturist V24", by Thomas Meehan. See also: Four-Season Harvest: Organic Vegetables from Your Home Garden All Year Long.
A California correspondent submits the following questions, which, not being well versed in the history of this particular variety, we should be glad if some correspondent can answer :
1. How large does the English Dwarf Prolific (Praeparturiens).grow ? that is, how many feet in height, and how many inches in diameter at the butt?
2. Have you on your place any such trees? If so, how old and how big are they? How do they bear ? How hardy are they ?
3. Who did originate the Dwarf Prolific Walnut (Praeparturiens) ?
4. At what age do the trees bear?
5. How large is the nut ?
6. Did you ever hear of Andre Leroy Standard Praeparturiens (Juglans prseparturiens or Fertile) Walnut?