Stories and Reference Books on Dogs, Cats, Horses, Pets, Birds, Fish, etc.
- Cat Books
- Stories and reference books for cat lovers and care takers
- Bird Books
- Manual books on birds with Illustrations
- Dog Books
- Stories and Reference Books on Dogs
- Horse Books
- Stories and Reference Books on Horses
- Bees, Bee Keeping and Honey Making
- Reference Books and Stories on Bees, Honey and Bee Keeping
- Manual Of Zoology | by Henry Alleyne Nicholson
- For the use of students with a general introduction on the principles of Zoology
- A Manual Of British Vertebrate Animals | by Leonard Jenyns
- Or descriptions of all the animals belonging to the classes, mammalia, aves, reptilia, amphibia, and pisces, which have been hitherto observed in the British Islands: including the domesticated, naturalized, and extirpated species : the whole systematically arranged.
- General Outline Of The Organization Of The Animal Kingdom, And Manual Of Comparative Anatomy | by Thomas Rymer Jones
- The object of the writer of the present work has been twofold: first, to lay before the Naturalist a complete view of the organization and physiological relations of every class of living beings; and secondly, to offer to the Anatomical Student a succinct account of the structure and development of the vital organs through all the modifications they present in the long series of the animal creation. Such were the intentions of the Author, as announced at the commencement of his undertaking; and the reception the first edition received at the hands of the public has been such as to afford gratifying proof that his efforts to facilitate the progress of the cultivators of a science the importance of which is becoming every day more conspicuous have not been unsuccessful...
- Forms Of Animal Life | by George Rolleston, W. Hatchett Jackson
- Being outlines of zoological classification based upon anatomical investigation and illustrated by descriptions of specimens and of figures
- The Goldfish And Its Systematic Culture With A View To Profit | by Hugo Mulertt
- A practical treatise on the fish, its propagation, enemies, diseases, - and - care of the fish in captivity, together with hints on the construction of ponds, etc.
- Knowledge For The People Or, The Plain Why And Because | by John Timbs
- Familiarizing subjects of useful curiosity and amusing research
- Kittens: A Family Chronicle | by Svend Fleuron
- Those who have been content to regard the cat merely,
aesthetically, as a household ornament, economically, as a
mouse-killer, or fantastically, as an adjunct of witchcraft, will
doubtless read this book with some surprise. For Svend Fleuron has
imagined (or observed) a cat more or less cut off from relationship
with men, bringing up her kittens in the fields, against all the odds
that any wild animal, surrounded by the destructive terrors of nature,
has to face. If this novel were a true picture of human life, it would
show, relentlessly and bitterly, how nature overcame the mother and
her children. As, however, it is a picture of cat life, the end is a
- Stories of Animal Sagacity | by William Henry Giles Kingston
- 300+ tales of how clever various individual animals have been seen to be, and in most cases a little moral is drawn from the story. The book includes 60 illustrations.
- Concerning Animals And Other Matters | by E. H. Aitken
- Edward Hamilton Aitken, the author of the following sketches, was
well known to the present generation of Anglo-Indians, by his pen-name
of Eha, as an accurate and amusing writer on natural history subjects.
Those who were privileged to know him intimately, as the writer of
this sketch did, knew him as a Christian gentleman of singular
simplicity and modesty and great charm of manner. He was always ready
to help a fellow-worker in science or philanthropy if it were possible
for him to do so...