This section is from the book "Clothing For Women: Selection, Design, Construction", by Laura I. Baldt. Also available from Amazon: Clothing For Women: Selection, Design, Construction.
1. Name material suitable for lingerie blouses and dresses. For what special quality does each recommend itself?
2. Plan a design for a lingerie dress for yourself. What will be the keynote of your design?
3. What kinds of seam finishes are good to use in such garments?
4. Suggest several ways of joining skirt and waist together to make a one-piece garment.
5. Suggest some new individual touch you might put on such a dress as to make it quite distinctive.
6. Calculate the quantity and kind of material from which you could make yourself an attractive lingerie dress to cost not more than $5.00 including all items, except working.