Question 398.— A minor (resident in Ontario) dies leaving a balance in savings bank. Can the father of such minor draw the money ? What is the legal course to pursue ?

Answer.—Money at credit of a deceased depositor who was a minor at the time of his death, can only be legally drawn by his administrators duly appointed. There may be cases where it would be reasonable to pay the amount to the parents, but such payments could only be made at the bank's risk. Under the present procedure in the Surrogate Court letters of administration for an estate of trifling amount can be obtained at a nominal charge, we believe $2.