An E. County Of Maryland, bounded W. by Chesapeake bay, and S. and E. by the Choptank river; area, 250 sq. m.; pop. in 1870, 16,137, of whom 6,666 were colored. The surface is generally level, and the soil highly fertile. The Maryland and Delaware railroad terminates at the county seat. The chief productions in 1870 were 302,078 bushels of wheat, 515,122 of Indian corn, 38,825 of oats, 41,770 of Irish and 10,725 of sweet potatoes, 29,695 lbs. of wool, 99,008 of butter, and 990 tons of hay. There were 3,298 horses, 3,309 milch cows, 3,678 other cattle, 6,044 sheep, and 9,411 swine; 3 manufactories of carriages and wagons, 5 of clothing, 3 ship yards, and 7 saw mills. Capital, Easton.
A W. County Of Georgia, bounded N. E. by Flint river and drained by several large creeks; area, 524 sq. m.; pop. in 1870,11,913, of whom 7,157 were colored. The surface is hilly and the soil good. It is crossed in the southeast by the Southwestern railroad. The chief productions in 1870 were 18,372 bushels of wheat, 200,645 of Indian corn, 12,940 of oats, 27,-786 of sweet potatoes, and 7,020 tons of hay. There were 631 horses, 1,325 mules and asses, 2,021 milch cows, 3,435 other cattle, 1,093 sheep, and 9,308 swine. Capital, Talbotton.