Three Rivers (Fr. Trois Rivieres), a city and port of entry of the province of Quebec, Canada, on the N. bank of the river St. Lawrence, at the mouth of the St. Maurice, 02 m. S. W. of the city of Quebec and 80 m. N. E. of Montreal; pop. in 1861, 0,058; in 1871, 7,570. It is connected by ferry with a branch of the Grand Trunk railway on the opposite bank of the St. Lawrence. The chief trade is in lumber, which is shipped in large quantities to South America, the West Indies, England, and the United States. The value of imports for the year ending June 30, 1874, was $82,-097; of exports, $159,451. An additional element of prosperity is the manufacture of iron wares, for which the St. Maurice forges, 3 m. distant, are noted. The city contains two branch banks, a college, an English academy, an Ursuline convent and school, several other schools, a tri-weekly and a semi-weekly newspaper (both French), a Roman Catholic cathedral and parish church, and Episcopal, Presbyterian, and Wesleyan Methodist churches. The streets are lighted with gas. - Three Rivers was founded in 1018. With the parish of the same name it forms an electoral district for parliamentary purposes, having an area of 17½ sq. m. and 8,414 inhabitants in 1871.