Cuyahoga, a N. E. county of Ohio, bordering on Lake Erie, and intersected by Cuyahoga river; area, 426 sq. m.; pop. in 1870, 132,010. The surface is level and the soil fertile. Sandstone is abundant, and is much used for grindstones and for building. It is traversed by the Ohio canal and numerous lines of railroad centring at Cleveland. The chief productions in 1870 were 78,488 bushels of wheat, 350,702 of Indian corn, 419,176 of oats, 484,724 of potatoes, 44,640 tons of hay, 21,946 gallons of wine, 1,204,111 lbs. of cheese, 786,430 of butter, and 105,175 of wool. There were 6,902 horses, 15,725 milch cows, 4,862 other cattle, and 25,875 sheep. There are numerous manufactories, mostly in Cleveland, the county seat.
Cuyahoga, a river of Ohio, rising in the 1ST. E. part of the state, and flowing through Portage, Summit, and Cuyahoga counties to Lake Erie at Cleveland. At a place called Cuyahoga Falls, in Summit county, it descends 200 ft. in about 2 1/2 m. Its course is very circuitous, and it affords good water power.