Hennepin , a S. E. county of Minnesota, bounded E. by the Mississippi, N. W. by Crow river, and S. by the Minnesota; area, about 600 sq. m.; pop. in 1870, 31,566. It has an undulating surface, covered with good timber, and contains Minnetanka lake. The St. Paul and Pacific, the Milwaukee and St. Paul, and the Minneapolis and Sioux City Junction railroads pass through it. The chief productions in 1870 were 379,063 bushels of wheat, 259,418 of Indian corn, 226,361 of oats, 98,863 of potatoes, 333,146 lbs. of butter, 89,414 of maple sugar, 62,800 of flax, and 25,454 tons of hay. There were 3,633 horses, 5,361 milch cows, 1,318 working oxen, 5,449 other cattle, 5,672 sheep, and 5,592 swine; 6 manufactories of agricultural implements, 2 of bags, 8 of boots and shoes, 2 of bricks, 10 of carriages, 11 of clothing, 2 of confectionery, 8 of barrels and casks, 16 of furniture, 3 of iron castings, 7 of machinery, 1 of vegetable oil, 2 of paper, 5 of saddlery and harness, 6 of sash, doors, and blinds, 1 of soap and candles, 8 of tin, copper, and sheet-iron ware, 2 of woollen goods, 14 flour mills, 4 breweries, 3 planing and 23 saw mills, and 5 pork-packing establishments.