Hunterdon, a W. county of New Jersey, separated from Pennsylvania on the W. by Delaware river, bounded N. W. by the Mus-conetcong, E. in part by the Lamington, and drained by branches of Raritan river; area, 480 sq. m.; pop. in 1870, 36,963. The surface is level in the centre and mountainous toward the N. and S. Limestone and freestone are abundant, and the hills are well timbered. The soil of the valleys is fertile. The New Jersey Central, the South Branch, the Belvidere Delaware, and Flemington branch, and the Delaware, Lackawanna, and Western railroads traverse it. The chief productions in 1870 were 340,393 bushels of wheat, 26,799 of rye, 1,021,251 of Indian corn, 902,737 of oats, 41,527 of buckwheat, 86,807 of potatoes, 67,863 lbs. of wool, 226,936 of flax, 965,243 of butter, and 38,110 tons of hay. There were 9,520 horses, 12,983 milch cows, 7,588 other cattle, 22,790 sheep, and 15-311 swine; 33 manufactories of carriages, 23 of clothing, 2 of cordage and twine, 1 of cotton goods, 2 of mirror and picture frames, 6 of hubs and wagon material, 1 of India-rubber goods, 5 of iron, 24 of masonry, 2 of wrapping paper, 19 of saddlery, 9 of sash, doors, and blinds, 48 flour mills, 24 saw mills, and 2 railroad repair shops.