Huntingdon, a S. central county of Pennsylvania, drained by the Juniata river and its tributaries; area, 730 sq. m.; pop. in 1870, 31,251. It has a very diversified surface, occupied in part by mountains, and noted for its fine scenery. Iron, lead, coal, salt, and alum are found, and timber is abundant. The valleys are fertile. The Pennsylvania Central and the Huntingdon and Broad Top railroads traverse it. The chief productions in 1870 were 388,859 bushels of wheat, 78,480 of rye, 503,807 of Indian corn, 410,479 of oats, 148,-679 of potatoes, 54,110 lbs. of wool, 465,027 of butter, and 27,815 tons of hay. There were 7,098 horses, 7,120 milch cows, 11,289 other cattle, 17,780 sheep, and 12,909 swine; 15 manufactories of carriages, 7 of clothing, 12 of furniture, 3 of bricks, 2 of bread, 3 of pig iron, 8 of iron castings, 5 of blooms, 5 of plaster, 8 of saddlery and harness, 13 of tin, copper, and sheet-iron ware, 4 of woollen goods, 14 flour mills, 20 tanneries, 9 currying establishments, 1 distillery, 2 planing mills, and 7 saw mills.
Huntingdon, an extreme S. W. county of Quebec, Canada, divided into two parts by the angle of Chateauguay co., bordering S. on New York, and N. W. on the St. Lawrence river; area, 400 sq. m.; pop. in 1871,16,304, of whom 6,386 were of Irish, 4,924 of French, 3,184 of Scotch, and 1,033 of English origin or descent. It is drained by the Chateauguay river and other streams, and is traversed by the Province Line division of the Grand Trunk railroad. The surface is undulating and the soil fertile. Capital, Huntingdon.