Lenawee, a S. E. county of Michigan, bordering on Ohio, and drained by Raisin and Macon rivers and several other streams; area, 735 sq. m.; pop. in 1870, 45,595. It has a rolling surface, well wooded in some places, and a fertile soil, consisting chiefly of a black sandy loam. Iron ore is found. The Michigan Southern railroad and the Detroit and Jackson branches pass through it. The chief productions in 1870 were 685,019 bushels of wheat, 964,306 of Indian corn, 402,396 of oats, 36,804 of barley, 302,402 of potatoes, 550,426 lbs. of wool, 1,467,408 of butter, 78,442 of cheese, and 68,332 tons of hay. There were 12,138 horses, 15,772 milch cows, 16,700 other cattle, 112,653 sheep, and 25,322 swine. There were numerous manufacturing establishments, including 9 of agricultural implements, 9 of brick, 38 of carriages, 1 of cars, 15 of cheese, 9 of iron castings, 11 of machinery, 2 of woollen goods, 4 breweries, 6 tanneries, 6 currying establishments, 4 planing mills, 39 saw mills, and 14 flour mills.