Paducah, a city and the capital of McCrack-en co., Kentucky, on the Ohio river, just below the mouth of the Tennessee, 47 m. above the Mississippi and 322 m. below Louisville, and on the Louisville, Paducah, and Southwestern, and the Paducah and Memphis railroads, 215 m. W. S. W. of Frankfort; pop. in 1850, 2,428; in 1860, 4,590; in 1870, 6,866, of whom 2,001 were colored; in 1875, about 12,000. Paducah is the shipping point of the surrounding country, the chief productions of which are tobacco, pork, and grain. It contains four tobacco warehouses, two tobacco stemmeries, a pork-packing house, two large flouring mills, two saw mills, two planing mills, a rolling mill, four shoe factories, two iron founderies, two tobacco factories, etc There are four banks, a large county court house,' a city court house, a female seminary, several public and private schools, two daily and four weekly newspapers, and 15 churches, viz.: Baptist (2), Christian (2), Episcopal, Jewish, Lutheran, Methodist (3), Presbyterian (2), Reformed, Roman Catholic, and Universalist. - Paducah was laid out in 1827, incorporated as a town in 1830, and as a city in 1856.