Alexandrov, a town of Russia, in the government of Vladimir, 58 m. N. E. of Moscow, on the river Seraya; pop. in 1870, 5,810. It contains dye works and manufactories of iron ware and muskets. Among the many churches is one with a nunnery and the tombs of Martha and Theodosia, two sisters of Peter the Great. The czar Ivan II. Vasilievitch established here the first printing press introduced into Russia, and in 1560 made the town the capital of his newly founded dominion of Opritchina. Near the town is an extensive imperial stud of horses founded by the empress Elizabeth in 1761 and completed in 1781, famous for the variety of the breeds.