Andujar, Or Andnxar, a town of Spain, in Andalusia, province of Jaen, at the foot of the Sierra Morena, and on the right bank of the Guadalquivir, 50 m. E. N. E. of Cordova; pop. about 13,000. It is a comparatively wealthy and very industrious place, its industry consisting chiefly in alcarrazas, a peculiar kind of jars made of red and white clay found in the neighborhood, and highly esteemed for the power of keeping water cool in hot weather. The vicinity furnishes an extraordinary abundance of wheat, barley, oil, wine, and honey. The town contains several monasteries. It is supposed to be near the site of the ancient Illiturgis or Forum Julium. The capitulation of Baylen, so called from the neighboring place of that name, which was the opening of the French disasters in the Peninsular war, was signed in Andujar in July, 1808, after severe fighting around the town.