Fiesole (anc. Fasulce), a town of Italy, in the province and 3 1/2 m. N. E. of the city of Florence, with which it is connected by an un-interrupted chain of villas; pop. about 2,500. It is the seat of a bishop, and has a cathedral and an episcopal seminary. In antiquity Fa3-sulae was one of the chief towns of Etruria. Sulla established there a military colony, and the town was the headquarters of Catiline after his escape from Rome. In A. D. 405 the Roman general Stilicho gained near it a great victory over the barbarians under Radagaisus. In 1010 it was dismantled and destroyed by the Florentines.