Cuando, a name of the Chobe, a tributary of the Zambesi (q.v.).
Cuango, or Kwanoo. See Congo.
Cucuta, San Jose de, a town in the Colombian dep. of Santander, on the Rio Zulia, 35 miles S. of Puerto Villamizar by rail. It was rebuilt after the earthquake of 1875. Pop. 10,000. - Rosario de Cucuta, to the SE., has also large plantations of coffee and cacao. Pop. 6000.
Cuddalore (Kudalur or Gudulur), the chief town in South Arcot, on the Coromandel or east coast of India, 16 miles S. of Pondicherry. It has a large trade by land with Madras in oils, indigo, and sugar, and exports grain by sea. Cuddalore, for 77 years British, was in 1758 taken by the French, but finally ceded to Britain in 1785. Pop. 53,000.
Cuddapah, a town 161 miles NW. by rail of Madras. Pop. 18,982.
Cuenca (Kwen-ka), a decayed city of Spain, 85 miles ESE. of Madrid, stands 2960 feet above sea-level, at the confluence of the Jucarand Huecar. It has a very interesting cathedral (1177-1669). Pop. 10,300. - Area of province of Cuenca, 6726 sq. m.; pop. 251,000.
Cuernavaca (Kweravah'ka), capital of the Mexican state Morelos, 40 miles S. of Mexico City. Near it is the famed teocalli of Xochicalco. Pop. 17,000.
Culiacan', a city of Mexico, on the Rio de Culiacan, 100 miles SE. of Sinaloa. Pop. 11,000.
Cullen, a fishing-town of Banffshire, on the Moray Firth, 67 miles NW. of Aberdeen by railway (1885). Backed by the conical Bin Hill (1050 feet), it has a harbour (1817-34), a cruciform parish church, and Cullen House, a seat of the Earl of Seafield. A royal burgh since about 1200, Cullen unites with Elgin, etc, to return one member. Pop. 4100.