Kilmallock, a market-town, 17 miles S. of Limerick. Pop. 1029.
Kilpatrick, Old, a Dumbartonshire village near the N. bank of the Clyde, 11 1/4 miles WNW. of Glasgow. It is the traditional birthplace of St Patrick. The Kilpatrick Hills attain 1313 feet. Pop. 1533.
Kilsyth (Kil-sith'), a town of Stirlingshire, 13 miles NE. of Glasgow, with quarries and coal and iron mines. Founded in 1665, it was made a burgh of barony in 1826. Here, on 15th August 1645, Montrose with 4900 followers almost annihilated 7000 Covenanters. Revivals took place here in 1742 and 1839. Pop. (1851) 3949; (1901) 7292. See Anton's History of Kilsyth (1890).
Kilwa. See Quiloa.
Kilwinning, a town of Ayrshire, on the Gar-nock, 3 1/2 miles NNW. of Irvine and 26 SW. of Glasgow. The stately Tironensian abbey, founded in the 12th and demolished in the 16th century, was dedicated to Winnin, an Irish saint, who is said to have founded a church here about 715. The traditional birthplace of Freemasonry in Scotland, with a new 'mother lodge' (1893), Kilwinning was also celebrated (1488-1870) for archery; its July shooting at the popinjay, which was placed on the steeple (105 feet high), is described in Scott's Old Mortality. Eglinton Castle (1798), the seat of the Earls of Eglinton (q.v.), is l 1/2 mile SE. ; and the Eglinton Ironworks (1846) afford employment. Pop. 4450. See works by Wylie (1878) and Lee Ker (1883).
Kimmeridge, a Dorset parish, 3 1/2 miles SW. of Corfe Castle. It gives name to Kimmeridge Clay, the lowest series of the Upper Oolite.
Kinabalu. See Borneo.