Owosso, or Owasso, a city of Michigan, on the Shiawassee River, 78 miles by rail NW. of Detroit. The river supplies abundant water-power, and there are flour and planing mills, furniture and sash factories, foundries, and railway-shops. Pop. 8700.
Oykell. See Oikell.
Padang, capital of a residency on the west coast of Sumatra, at the mouth of the Padang River. Pop. 35,000.
Paddington, a parliamentary and metropolitan borough of London. Pop. (1901) 143,976.
Paderborn, a town of Westphalia, 50 miles SW. of Hanover. It has been largely rebuilt since a destructive fire in 1875. The fine Romanesque cathedral (R. C), completed in 1163, is built over the sources of the Pader (a feeder of the Lippe), and contains the silver coffin of St Liborius. Other edifices are St Bartholomew's Chapel (1017) and the town-house (1615; restored 1870-76). There are glass, soap, and tobacco factories, breweries, railway and printing works, and mineral springs close by. Pop. 23,600.
Padstow, a Cornish seaport, on the Camel's estuary, 12 miles WNW. of Bodmin. Pop. 1559.
Padu'cah, capital of McCracken county, Kentucky, on the Ohio River, 48 miles above its mouth, just below the entrance of the Tennessee, and 226 miles WSW. of Louisville. It has shipyards, foundries, railway-shops, flour, saw, and planing mills, and manufactures soap, vinegar, ice, furniture, tobacco, etc. Pop. 19,500.
Pago-Pago, or Pango-Pango, an excellent harbour and coaling-station on Tutuila, one of the Samoan islands belonging to the United States.
Pahang. See Straits Settlements.