Adapted to the requirements of the South Kensington Syllabus, for Students in Science and Art Classes, and Higher and Middle Class Schools.
In Post 8vo, fully Illustrated, cloth lettered, price 2s. 6d. each volume, except otherwise specified.
2. Machine Construction and Drawing. By E. Tomkins, Liverpool. Vol. I. Text, .Vol. II. Plates.
3a Building Construction - Brick and Stone, etc. By R. S. Burn, C.E. Vol. I. Text, 2s. 6d. Vol. II. Plates, 5s.
3b Building Construction - Timber and Iron, etc. By R. S. Burn, C.E. Vol. I. Text, 2s. 6d. Vol. II. Plates, 4s.
4a Practical Naval Architecture - Laying Off and Shipbuilding. By S. J. P. Thearle, F.R.S.N.A., London. Vol. I.,Text, 2s. 6d. Vol. II. Plates, 5s.
4b Theoretical Naval Architecture. By S. J. P. Thearle, F.R.S.N.A., London. Vol. I. Text, 3s. 6d. Vol. II. Plates, 7s.
5. Pure Mathematics. By E. Atkins, Leicester. 2 vols.
8. Acoustics, Light, and Heat. By William Lees, A.M.
9. Magnetism and Electricity. By F. Guthrie, B.A., Ph.D., Royal
School of Mines, London. 3s. 10a Inorganic Chemistry - Vol. I. Non-Metals. By Professor T. E.
Thorpe, Ph.D., F.R.S.E., Yorkshire College of Science, Leeds. 10b Inorganic Chemistry - Vol. II. Metals. By Prof. T. E. Thorpe,
Ph.D., F.R.S.E., Yorkshire College of Science, Leeds.
12. Geology. By John Young, M.D., Professor of Natural History,
13. Mineralogy. By J. H. Collins, F.G.S., Falmouth.
14. Animal Physiology. By J. Cleland, M.D., F.R.S., Professor of
Anatomy and Physiology, Galway.
19a Metallurgy - Vol. I. Fuel, Iron, Steel, Tin, Antimony, Arsenic, Bismuth, and Platinum. By "W. H. Greenwood, A.R.S.M.
19b Metallurgy - Vol. II. Copper, Lead, Zinc, Mercury, Silver, Gold, Nickel, Cobalt, and Aluminium. By W. H. Greenwood, A.R.S.M.
20. Navigation. By Henry Evers, LL.D., Plymouth.
22. Steam and the Steam Engine - Land, Marine, and Locomotive.
By H. Evers, LL.D., Plymouth.
23. Physical Geography. By John Young. M.D., Professor of
Natural History, Glasgow University.
Practical Plane Geometry, with 72 Plates, and Letterpress Description. By E. S. Burchett, National Art Training Schools, South Kensington, etc. Royal 8vo, cloth, 6s. 6d. Do., do., Cheap edition, cloth limp, 4s. 6d.
Linear Perspective: Designed especially for the Second Grade Examination of the Science and Art Department. By Henry Hodge, Collegiate School, Weymouth. New Edition, enlarged. Post 4to, 2s.
Collins' Examples in Advanced Free Hand Design, in Six Parts, Royal 4to, each, Is.
Collins' Advanced Free Hand Ornamental Design; a Set of Twelve Sheets, in Cover, Imperial Folio, 2s. 6d.
London, Edinburgh, and Herriot Hill Works, Glasgow.
Collins' Adbanced Science Series..