Some people prefer to take bills of exchange with them when traveling in foreign countries. Or they may take ordinary drafts on some New York bank. They can get these cashed at any European bank by paying a small amount for exchange and by being properly identified. Travelers' checks are now very largely displacing letters of credit, bills of exchange and bank drafts as credit instruments used by travelers. Bills of exchange on banks in this country and drafts upon individuals in this country are discussed in another chapter. Bills of exchange drawn upon banks in another country or on private individuals or business firms in some other country are known as "foreign bills of exchange." Also all bills of exchange that are payable in another State within the United States are called "foreign bills of exchange." Letters of credit and travelers' checks are forms of bills of exchange, provision having been made previously for their acceptance.