Framingham, a town of Middlesex co., Massachusetts, on the Boston and Albany railroad, at its junction with a branch to Milford, and at the junction of several divisions of the Boston, Clinton, and Fitchburg line, 20 m. W. by S. of Boston; pop. in 1870, 4,968. It is intersected by Sudbury river, and borders on Co-chituate lake. There are manufactories of woollens, cars, and carriages, hats and bonnets, etc, and a national bank. The town is the seat of a state normal school, which in 1872 had 10 instructors, 165 pupils, and a library of 1,200 volumes. There are 20 public schools, including 2 high schools, with an average attendance of about 700 pupils; a public library, with about 5,000 volumes; and 10 churches (2 Baptist, 3 Congregational, 1 Episcopal, 1 Methodist, 2 Roman Catholic, and 1 Universalist).