Fig. 121. - Rivet Heads and Points.
2. State the advantages and disadvantages of a wire nail.
3. What advantage has a screw over a nail, as a fastening agent?
4. Explain the manufacture of screws.
5. What is a bolt?
6. Explain the construction of different screw threads.
7. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? Draw sketches.
9. What are the uses of the different screw threads?
10. How is a thread placed in a hole?
11. What is a tap?
12. What are the standard hand-taps?
13. How would you determine the size of a tap drill for a thread?