1. What is fuel?
2. Is a hard (dense) fuel difficult to kindle?
3. Why is it harder to light coal than wood?
4. What is smoke?
5. How is smoke removed from a fire?
6. What principle of science causes a draught?
7. Explain the method of heating by a stove.
8. Explain the method of heating by steam.
9. Explain the method of heating by hot water.
10. Explain the method of heating by a furnace.
11. What is meant by the indirect method of heating?
12. Is it possible to use exhaust steam for heating? Explain.
13. What is low pressure heating?
14. Explain why heating and ventilation go hand in hand.
15. Why are radiators rough?
16. Where are radiators usually placed?
17. How is heat radiation measured?
18. Why should steam pipes be examined after the first season?
19. What are risers? Returns?
20. Describe the valves used in steam heating.