Cheese Crackers. Select crackers of a firm quality that will not crumble or flake easily, and of a small size. Spread very thinly with soft butter, put the crackers in a pan, and sprinkle grated cheese upon each one. Set the pan in a moderate oven until the cheese is melted. A sprinkling of paprika may be used. Serve with lettuce, celery, or other green salad.
2. How may an egg which has been kept too long in cold storage be detected ?
4. Compare a hard- and a soft-cooked egg for digestibility.
5. What are the dangers from unclean milk?
6. How may the milk supply be safeguarded?
7. Why is cheese a meat substitute?
8. What caution should we exercise in using it?
9. What precaution must we take in cooking cheese?