It may be interesting to many of the readers of the Gardeners' Monthly, to know that this plant has flowered with D. Fergusson & Sons. We have never seen or heard of its flowering before. The plant commenced to form a terminal head about December 20, 1883, and continued to increase in size until January 19, 1884. At that date the head measured from 2 1/2z to 3 inches in diameter, and the first flowers commenced to expand. The flowers are assembled close together. They do not all expand at once, but come out in succession, so as to keep up the inflorescence for a long time. Another singular feature in this remarkable plant is, that the flowers commence to open about 4 o'clock p. M., each day, and before 7 o'clock A. M., they are wilted and turned dark. The head will average from 25 to 50 flowers a day, and the plants while flowering, filled the house with the odor of Hyacinths. The flowers are a waxy white, somewhat like that of the Roman Hyacinth in size and form. To describe the flowers properly, I am obliged to use a few Botanical terms: Flowers regular; petals six-toothed and recurved; stamens six, adnate and turgid, or swollen near the points. They are also erect, and adhering to the inner side of the corolla tube, or perigynous.

Stamens introrse, or turned inwards: style longer than stamens; stigma three-lobed. Twenty-four hours after the flower faded the ovary appeared to have three cells, oblong, and about the size of an ordinary pinhead. With the aid of a pocket microscope, I succeeded in getting three transparent ovules. It would take about twenty of them to cover a small pinhead. This was the most interesting point, as we were all anxious to know if it would probably seed- There is also a plant, Dracaena terminalis, coming in flower, and, if possible, I will cross them; if not, I will try to impregnate them with their own pollen. This, I suppose, will have to be done at night, as there is hardly any pollen for some hours after the flowers expand.

Laurel Hill Nurseries, Philadelphia.