(17) Are Poisonous Drugs and Promiscuous Surgical Operations in
Conformity with the Constructive Principle in Nature?
Poisonous drugs and promiscuous operations are not usually
in conformity with the constructive principle in Nature, because:
- They suppress acute diseases or reactions (crises), the
cleaning and healing efforts of Nature.
- They are in
themselves harmful and destructive to human life.
treatment fosters the belief that drugs and surgical
operations can be substituted for obedience to Nature's Laws
and for personal effort and self-help.
(18) Is Metaphysical Healing in Conformity with the Constructive
Principle in Nature?
Metaphysical systems of healing are in conformity with the
constructive principle in Nature insofar as:
- They do not interfere with or suppress Nature's healing
- They awaken hope and confidence (therapeutic
faith) and increase the inflow of vital force into the
They are not in conformity with the constructive principle
in Nature in so far as:
- They fail to assist Nature's healing efforts.
ignore, obscure and deny the laws of Nature and defy the
dictates of reason and common sense.
- They substitute, in
the treatment of disease, a blind, dogmatic belief in the
wonder-working power of metaphysical formulas and prayer for
intelligent cooperation with Nature's constructive forces for
personal effort and self-help.
- They weaken the
consciousness of personal responsibility.
(19) Is Nature Cure in Conformity with the Constructive Principle
Nature Cure is in conformity with the constructive principle in
- It teaches that the primary cause of weakness and disease
is disobedience to the laws of Nature.
- It arouses the
individual to the study of natural laws and demonstrates the
necessity of strict compliance with these laws.
strengthens the consciousness of personal responsibility of
the individual for his own status of health and for the
hereditary conditions, traits and tendencies of his
- It encourages personal effort and self-help.
- It adapts surroundings and habits of life to natural laws.
- It assists Nature's cleansing and healing efforts by
simple natural means and methods of treatment which are in no
wise harmful or destructive to health and life, and which are
within the reach of everyone.
(20) What Are the Natural Methods of Living and of Treatment?
- Return to Nature by the regulation of eating,
drinking, breathing, bathing, dressing, working, resting,
thinking, the moral life, sexual and social activities, etc.,
on a normal and natural basis.
remedies, such as water, air, light, earth cures,
magnetism, electricity, etc.
- Chemical remedies,
such as scientific food selection and combination, specific
nutritional augmentation with natural food concentrates,
homeopathic medicines, simple herb extracts and the
- Mechanical remedies, such
as corrective gymnastics, massage, magnetic treatment,
chiropractic or osteopathic manipulation and, when indicated,
- Mental and spiritual remedies, such as
scientific relaxation, normal suggestion, constructive
thought, the prayer of faith, etc.