Third Method of Squaring Stock: (1) True and smooth a broad surface for a face side, testing as in Figs. 56, 57, 58, 59. Put on the proper face mark, Fig. 43.
Fig. 57. Second Test for Surface Trueness.
Fig. 58. Third Test for Surface Trueness.
Fig. 59. Fourth Test for Surface Trueness.
(2) Prepare a face edge in the usual manner, as described in connection with mill-planed stock.
(3) Gage to width from the face edge and plane to the gage line, as in mill-planed stock.
(4) Gage to thickness on both edges from face side. Plane to the gage lines, testing as in Fig. 56.
(5) Square one end in the usual manner, testing as in Figs. 17 and 18.
(6) Measure the required length and complete the second end as in mill-planed stock.