Mogadore, Or Suirali, a fortified seaport town of Morocco, on the Atlantic, 130 m. W. by S. of the city of Morocco; pop.-about 20,000, many of whom are Jews. The town stands on an eminence, opposite an island of the same name, and is Burrounded by a low sandy flat, which at high water is overflowed by the sea. It consista of two parts, one called the citadel, inhabited by Moors, and the other called Mellah, by Jews. The town is well supplied with water by an aqueduct. The houses are generally large and flat-roofed. Some of the mosques are fine. The chief exports are wool, gum, wax, hides, almonds, honey, ostrich feathers, ivory, and gold dust. The harhor is formed by an island S. of the town, and is the best on the W. coast of Morocco. Mogadore was founded in 1760 by the emperor Sidi Mohammed, on the site of an old Portuguese fort. It was bombarded by the French under the prince de Joinville, Aug. 15, 1844. It suffered also during the war with Spain (1859-00).