Fluvanna, a central county of Virginia, bounded S. by the James river and intersected by Rivanna river; area, 170 sq. m.; pop. in 1870, 9,875, of whom 5,097 were colored. The surface is partly level and partly broken. In parts the soil is fertile and in other places barren. The James River canal extends along the S. border. The chief productions in 1870 were 77,486 bushels of wheat, 126,448 of Indian corn, G7,247 of oats, and 894,023 lbs. of tobacco. There were 1,138 horses, 1,648 milch cows, 2,122 other cattle, 7,248 swine; marble works, and a flour mill. Capital, Palmyra.