Forest, a N. W. county of Pennsylvania; area, 370 sq. m.; pop. in 1870, 4,010. The Clarion river runs along the S. E. border, and the Alleghany intersects the N. W. part. The surface is hilly and irregular. Some of the land is too rocky for cultivation. The chief articles of export are pine timber and hard coal, the former of which is very abundant. The chief productions in 1870 were 5,802 bushels of rye, 17,538 of Indian corn, 38,465 of oats, 6,946 of buckwheat, 15,260 of potatoes, and 2,665 tons of hay. There were 2 flour and 18 saw mills. Capital, Marionville.