This section is from the book "Popular Law Library Vol7 Equity Jurisprudence, Trusts, Equity Pleading", by Albert H. Putney. Also available from Amazon: Popular Law-Dictionary.
1. Define trusts.
2. Give an outline of the history of uses in England.
1. Give an outline of the provisions of the Statute of Uses.
1. What was the purpose of the Statute of Uses?
Page 160. 1. What was its effect?
1. What parties are there to a trust?
2. Who may be a settlor?
3. Who may be a trustee?
1. Who may be a cestui que trust?
Page 163. 1. What property may be held in trust?
1. Classify trusts.
2. What is an express trust?
1. When will a trust be created by precatory words?
2. What is an implied trust?
1. Classify implied trusts?
2. Define resulting trusts.
3. Give the principle classes of resulting trusts.
1. Define and classify constructive trusts.
1. May resulting and constructive trusts be established by parol?
2. Define active trusts.
3. Define passive trusts.
4. Define executed trusts.
5. Define executory trusts.
1. What was the Statute of Charitable uses?
Page 184. 1. What are the characteristics of charitable uses?
Page 185. 1. What are the principal purposes for which charitable uses may be created?
1. For what religious purposes may uses be created?
Page 192. 1. For what educational purposes may uses be created?
2. What are the peculiarities in the law governing charitable uses? 3 What is the cy pres doctrine?
1. What is the rule against perpetuities?
1. What is the rule against accumulations?
1. How are trustees appointed?
2. What is the quantity of the estate taken by a trustee?
3. What are the principal duties of the trustee?
1. What degree of care, skill and good will is required from a trustee?
1. When may a trustee delegate his authority?
2. What is the extent of the liability of a trustee for the acts of a co-trustee?
3. What accounts must be rendered by a trustee?
1. When is a trustee entitled to compensation for his services?