(1) Remove core.
(2) Place in pan, with enough water to barely cover the bottom of the pan.
(3) Pour sugar into the holes.
(4) A bit of butter may be put on the top of the sugar.
(5) Nutmeg or cinnamon may be mixed with the sugar if the apples are flat in taste.
(6) Cover the pan, and bake in a moderate oven, until the apples are tender. The length of time depends upon the quality of the apple. (See class experiment.) Half apples. - This is a modification of (1).
Cut the apples in two crosswise, and proceed as with the whole apple.