1. What is the chief food value of fish?
2. Compare the composition of fish and meat.
3. What are the causes influencing the flavor and quality of fish?
4. What precautions may be taken to prevent the spoiling of fish?
5. How may the oyster beds be safeguarded?
6. In what way does the cookery of fish and shellfish resemble that of meat?
7. In what important way does the cookery of fish differ from that of meat?
8. Why is fish cheapest in season?
9. Estimate the cost of 100-Calorie portion of one or two given varieties.
10. What precaution is necessary in opening a lobster?
11. What must a food contain to make a meat substitute?
12. What are the important meat substitutes?
13. In what way should nuts be used in the diet?
14. What are some of the practical ways of using nuts?
15. Price several kinds of nuts and several cuts of meat in the market, then look up the composition of each, remembering that the whole kernel of the nut is eaten, but often only the lean part of the meat. With this in mind calculate the food value actually obtained for a given expenditure in each case.