Use left-over, cooked meat. Cut the meat into dice or small bits and fill the dish. Sprinkle with salt and moisten with gravy, if possible. If not, add 1 cup hot water and dredge lightly with flour. Have top crust only.
How would the time for cooking this pie compare with that for deep apple pie?
1. What are the chief ingredients of batter mixtures and doughs ?
2. Explain leavening by air.
3. Why is steam a leavening agent ?
4. How is gas formed for leavening purposes ?
6. What are the important points to remember in mixing ingredients ?
7. Why are baking-powder biscuits mixed differently from pop-overs ?
8. What are the most practical oven tests?
10. How many muffins, average size, can be made from a pint of flour?
12. What are the advantages of the homemade over the bakers', or the bakers' over the homemade?