This section is from the book "A Treatise On Therapeutics, And Pharmacology Or Materia Medica Vol1", by George B. Wood. Also available from Amazon: Part 1 and Part 2.
The subdivisions of these are all ultimate classes of medicines, and are as follows :
3. Diuretics, which act on the kidneys, increasing the secretion of urine;
6. Cholagogues, which act on the liver, increasing the secretion of bile;
7. Emmenagogues, which act on the uterus, exciting, increasing or ring the menses;
8. Uterine motor-stimulants, which favour uterine contraction;
9. Sulagogues, which increase the secretion of saliva; and
10. Errhines or Sternutatories, which operate on the nostrils. causing an increased secretion, and sneezing.