No. 3362. Dept. 2.
In the Superior Court of the State of California, in and for the County of Los Angeles.
In the Matter of the Estate and Guardianship of James Jones, Incompetent.
Petition of Guardian for Leave to Invest Moneys of Ward.
The petition of Peter Bennett respectfully shows:
1. That he is the duly appointed, qualified and acting Guardian of John Jones, an incompetent.
2. That he has in his hands Fifteen Hundred Dollars ($1,500) the same being proceeds of property which belonged to said John Jones, in the State of Pennsylvania.
3. That the petitioner desires to invest said moneys in the City of Los Angeles, California, in property that will produce an income and at the same time enhance in value.
4. That he has agreed with Elmer Belding and Belinda Belding to purchase of them, if the Court shall approve such purchase, Lot no of the Baldwin Tract, as per map recorded in Book 40, at page 268, Miscellaneous Records of Los Angeles County, California, said lot being situated on Enterprise Avenue and having improvements consisting of a five-room cottage, numbered 2134.
5. That the purchase price of said property is Two Thousand Dollars ($2,000), and that the rental value of the same is from $13.50 to $14.00 per month; that there is a trust deed upon said premises for the sum of Eight Hundred and Fifty Dollars ($850.00) in favor of the Federal Building and Loan Association of San Francisco, California, on which there is a credit of Two Hundred Dollars ($200.00), leaving a balance of said trust deed of Six Hundred and Fifty Dollars ($650.00).
6. That the petitioner has advanced Fifty Dollars ($50.00), of his own funds to bind the bargain, and the owner has agreed to pay and transfer fee on the certificate of stock in said Federal Building and Loan Association, so that the amount to be paid in cash out of the funds in the hands of the petitioner, if said purchase shall be authorized, will be Thirteen Hundred and Fifty Dollars ($1,350.00).
7. That the payments on the trust deed above mentioned are Nine Dollars 20-100 ($9.20) per month, including taxes, and the rentals from the property will be sufficient to make such monthly payments, and petitioner believes that the income from said property will not only meet the deferred payments thereon, but that the property, being located between Sixth and Seventh Streets on Enterprise Avenue, will increase in value, and that the investment of Thirteen Hundred and Fifty Dollars ($1,350), of his ward's money in said property would be judicious and would promote the welfare of the estate of his said ward.
8. That the said ward is not competent to determine or advise as to whether said purchase should be made, and his children are all minors, the oldest being thirteen years of age.
Wherefore, petitioner prays the Court to make an order authorizing him to purchase said lot and improvements on the terms above stated, without notice.
Dated at Los Angeles, California, April 13, 1906.
Rufus Spaulding, Attorney for Petitioner. Peter Bennett, Petitioner.
State of California, County of Los Angeles, ss.
Peter Bennett, being by me duly sworn, deposes and says: That he is petitioner in the above entitled action; that he has read the foregoing petition and knows the contents thereof; and the same is true of his knowledge, except as to matters which are therein stated upon his information and belief, and as to those matters that he believes it to be true.
Peter Bennett. Subscribed and sworn to before me this 13th day of April, 1906. (seal) Mary M. Rice,
Notary Public in and for the County of Los Angeles, State of California No. 3362. Dept. 2. Granted April 20, 1906.
(ORDER OF COURT.)
BE it Remembered that on the 20th day of April, 1906, in Department Two of the Superior Court of the County of Los Angeles, State of California, Hon. C. A. Giles. Judge, Presiding; present, Mr. L. ML Williams, Deputy Clerk, the following proceedings were had, to wit:
In the matter of the Estate and Guardianship of John Jones, an Incompetent.