West Troy, a village in the town of Watervliet, Albany co., New York, on the W. bank of Hudson river, opposite Troy, and 6 m. N. of Albany; pop. in 1860, 8,820; in 1870, 10,- 693; in 1875, about 14,000. It is connected with Albany by steamboat, rail, and horse cars, and with Troy by two bridges and three ferries. An arm of the Mohawk river here enters the Hudson, which is also connected at West Troy with the Erie and Ohamplain canals. There is an extensive tracle in lumber. The Watervliet national arsenal occupies 105 acres in the centre of the village, and manufactures large quantities of army equipments. The chief private manufactories are three furnaces, employing about 50 hands each; a chair factory, 100 hands; a manufactory of woollen shawls and one of butts and hinges, employing together 500 hands; a car factory, 50 hands; a manufactory of railroad car journal boxes, Meneely's bell foundery, and two planing mills. There are a national bank, four public schools, a weekly newspaper, and nine churches, viz.: Baptist, Episcopal, Methodist (2), Presbyterian, Reformed (2), and Roman Catholic (2). The village was incorporated in 1836.