Clermont - De - Loise, Or Clcrmont-En-Bean-Vaisis, a town of France, in the department of Oise, 35 m. N. of Paris; pop. in 1866, 5,743. It is pleasantly situated on the slope of a hill, and contains, besides a communal college and a public library, three remarkable architectural monuments - an old castle, a hotel de ville, and the church of St. Samson. The castle has been converted into a prison for females, with about 1,000 inmates. It was a strong fortress between the 10th and 14th centuries, and was taken by the English in 1359 and 1434, and by Henry IV. in 1595. The elder Conde retired hither in 1615. The hotel de ville was built about 1300, and is an extensive and beautiful edifice, of great interest to architects and antiquaries. It contains among other rare curiosities the funeral monument of a Greek who died in Gaul during the Roman dominion and was buried at Clermont. The church of St. Samson dates from the 14th century, and occupies the highest part of the town. The exterior is very striking, and the interior has a curious altar of carved wood, and other interesting carvings, and some fine paintings. The windows of painted glass are also remarkable.

Clermont was the birthplace of King Charles the Fair (1294). It has considerable trade in cattle and horses, and linen and cotton goods and hosiery are manufactured.