Gentry, a N. W. county of Missouri, intersected by Grand river and drained by its E. and W. forks; area, about 500 sq. in.; pop. in 1870, 11,607, of whom 56 were colored. The chief productions in 1870 were 61,765 bushels of wheat, 640,951 of Indian corn, 135,555 of oats, 44,929 of potatoes, 177,834 lbs. of butter, 52,641 of wool, and 11,082 tons of hay. There were 5,516 'horses, 4,014 milch cows, 7,553 other cattle, 18,756 sheep, and 20,585 swine; 3 flour mills, 14 saw mills, and a woollen factory. Capital, Albany.