This section is from the book "A Practical Treatise On The Joints Made And Used By Builders", by Wyvill J. Christy. Also available from Amazon: Practical treatise on the joints made and used by builders.
IIi. Grammar of the English Tongue, Spoken and Written.
With an Introduction to the Study of Comparative Philology. By Hyde Clarke, D.C.L. Fourth Edition, Is. 6d. ii*. Philology : Handbook of the Comparative Philology of English, Anglo-Saxon, Frisian, Flemish or Dutch, Low or Platt Dutch, High Dutch or German, Danish, Swedish, Icelandic, Latin, Italian, French, Spanish, and Portuguese Tongues. By Hyde Clarke, D.C.L. Is. 12. Dictionary of the English Language, as Spoken and
Written. Containing above 100,000 Words. By Hyde Clarke, D.C.L. 3s. 6d.; cloth boards, 4s. 6d. ; complete with the Grammar, cloth bds., 5s. 6d.
48. Composition and Punctuation, familiarly Explained for those who have neglected the Study of Grammar. By Justin Brenan. 17th Edition, Is. 6d.
49. Derivative Spelling-Book: Giving the Origin of Every Word from the Greek, Latin, Saxon, German, Teutonic, Dutch, French, Spanish, and other Languages; with their present Acceptation and Pronunciation. By J. Rowbotham, F.R.A.S. Improved Edition, Is. 6d.
57. The Art of Extempore Speaking: Hints for the Pulpit, the
Senate, and the Bar. By M. Bautain, Vicar-General and Professor at the Sorbonne. Translated from the French. 7th Edition, carefully corrected. 2s. 6d.
53. Places and Facts in Political and Physical Geography, for Candidates in Examinations. By the Rev. Edgar Rand, B.A. is.
54. Analytical Chemistry, Qualitative and Quantitative, a Course of. To which is prefixed, a Brief Treatise upon Modern Chemical Nomenclature and Notation. By Wm. W. Pink and George E. Webster. 2s.